In regards to prototyping, there are still a number of areas to code and finalise before being able to implement and test run the system in a public venue. These include:
- Integrating buses and ferries into the possible forms of transport
- Tracing the journey plan on-screen as a form of visual feedback
- Correcting and optimising the journey planning algorithm
- Replicating the cursor controls with touch mechanics
- More efficient responsive design
The future plans for implementing and receiving feedback on the user interface is to get the project officially sponsored by Queensland's Department of Public Transport in order to comission and install the displays into high-traffic areas (primarily city stations and airports). A successful test run will allow the project to expand to more locations with higher fidelity and integrity. The long-term goal is to get all of SEQ's major stops and stations partnering with some form of integration.